Update for 10/1/2017

The Town of South Windsor has contracted with Vision Government Solutions to do a statistical update of values as well as do cyclical re-inspections for the Grand List in 2017.  Vision staff has been working closely with your local Assessor’s office to make this 18 month project a successful one.  The last revaluation was completed by the Town in 2012 and current State laws require all Connecticut towns to revalue every five years.  A revaluation will determine the current fair market value of every property in town and the goal is to equalize the values of all properties for the purpose of a fair distribution of the tax burden.

We are currently entering the final phase of the municipal revaluation process which will consist of notices being mailed to all property owners with new and old assessment values, and an opportunity for property owners to meet with revaluation staff. Included in this notice is information on how you can schedule an informal hearing to review your property record card, as well as value.   Please be sure to retain your letter as it contains information on the scheduling process.   If you do not receive a notice by the end of October 2017, please contact the Assessor’s office via phone or e-mail to as we may need to verify or update your mailing address and we can provide you with a copy of your notice.

The assessed values set by the 2017 revaluation will be reflected in the tax bills that are sent out for payment in July, 2018 and will be calculated using mil rate that is set by the budget process in the Spring of 2018. 

You may visit the Vision Government Solutions website at for information that explains the revaluation process, also located there are answers to frequently asked questions. 

If you have any questions about the revaluation process or need additional information please contact the Assessor’s office at (860) 644-2511 x312.  I am also available by email at




Ext. 213

Assistant Assessor

Ext. 210

Senior Assessment Technician

Ext. 214

Assessment Aide

Ext. 211