View Contact Info
Hours of Operation
Monday - Friday 8:00 am to 4:30 pm
How to Reach Us
SOUTH WINDSOR CT
Don't forget! Income and Expense filings are due by June 1st without penalty!
ELDERLY HOMEOWNER'S TAX RELIEF PROGRAM
**Filing Period: February 1, 2019 - May 15, 2019**
It might be your year to reapply for the Homeowner's Benefit and Additional Veteran's Benefits! If it is your year to reapply, we mailed a reminder letter to you in early February. If you are reapplying or are interested in applying for this program you must meet the following requirements:
- Must be 65 years old (or older) by 12/31/2018
- Must have owned your home on October 1, 2018
- Must Reside in your South Windsor Home
- Must meet income requirements:
- For the State Benefit:
- Single Persons: Gross income is $36,000 or less
- Married Persons: Gross income is $43,900 or less
- For the Local Option Program:
- Singler Persons: Gross income is $40,000 or less
- Married Persons: Gross income is $47,900 or less
- For the State Benefit:
- Must bring all 2018 income information:
- Social Security 1099
- Income Tax 1040 Form (if one is completed)
- If you do not fill out an Income Tax 1040 Form please bring with you all income information, including but not limited to: annuities, pensions, bonds, etc.
- An appointment must be made with Human Services to fill out your application(s):
- Please contact Lindsey Ravalese: 860-648-6361 ext 319
- 150 Nevers Road, South Windsor, 06074
For Motor Vehicle information please view below:
The motor vehicle tax bill covers the period of October 1, 2018 through September 30, 2019. If a vehicle was replaced after 10/1/2018 and the registration was transferred to another vehicle, this bill is still due. You will recieve an automatic credit for this vehicle on a supplemental bill in January 2020. For vehicles sold, stolen, totally destroyed and the registration was not transferred to another vehicle, or if you have moved out of state, you may be eligible for a tax credit. To obtain a credit, you must furnish proof as required by the Assessor - Phone: 860-644-2511 ext. 312.
If there are any questions about an acceptable form of proof, Please view Forms of Proof.
Scan and email any information to: Assessor@southwindsor.org
Proof may be submitted by walk-in: 1540 Sullivan Ave, South Windsor hours 8:00am - 4:30pm.
If you have no computer access you may mail to: 1540 Sullivan Ave, South Windsor CT 06074, Attention: Assessor's Office
2018 Grand List Totals
The 2018 Grand List has been signed by the Assessor on January 30, 2019.
|Gross Assessment||Exemptions||Net Assessment||% change from 2017|
|Real Estate||2,488,914,361||241,695,753||2,247,218,608||(+) 0.85%|
|Personal Property||394,178,512||97,515,496||296,663,016||(-) 0.94%|
|Motor Vehicles||234,363,918||9,162,603||225,201,315||(+) 1.87%|
|Total||3,117,456,791||348,373,852||2,769,082,939||(+) 0.74% Overall|