All complaints against any employee of the South Windsor Police Department will be received, investigated, and appropriate action will be taken per South Windsor Police Department Operations Directive Chapter 52 (Section 2) Customer Complaint.
When you choose to file a complaint, you will be requested to complete the Citizen Complaint Form. In addition to reviewing your complaint, the following procedure will normally be adhered to:
- The supervisor receiving the complaint will help you obtain sufficient information to complete the attached complaint form.
- One copy of the completed complaint form will be filed with the South Windsor Police Department. One copy of the completed complaint form will be given to you (complainant) as a receipt.
- Complainants shall be notified in writing within five business days of receipt that; (a) their complaint has been received by the agency and is currently pending; (b) that a complaint number has been assigned (including the assigned number); (c) that they will be informed in writing of the outcome of the complaint promptly following conclusion of the investigation, and (d) that they may contact the designated investigator (identified by name, telephone and/or email) at any time for further information while the investigation is pending.
- All investigations will remain confidential in accordance with the State of Connecticut Freedom of Information Statutes.
- If you have any questions or concerns throughout the complaint process, please contact the Supervisor conducting the investigation.
These are general guidelines and may be amended by the Chief of Police if circumstances warrant.
I thank you in advance for taking the time to assist us in delivering more effective and efficient law enforcement services in our community.
Chief of Police