South Windsor Voices II: Submission Guidelines
**Now Accepting POEMS About Personal School Experiences!**
Do you remember recess, gym, a favorite subject or a special teacher? Everyone has a story about school. South Windsor Voices II: Schools Of Thought….Thoughts of School, invites residents and former residents of South Windsor to submit short stories for a forthcoming publication. Tell us about that special moment in school, person or event that lives in your memory. Stories should be no less than 250 words and not exceed 4000 words. They should describe the actual experience of the author in any educational institution, which may include but is not limited to South Windsor. Authors may submit two stories. Submissions will be reviewed. Selection of stories will be made by book editors, based on story content, expression, interest and availability of space. South Windsor Voices II: Schools of Thought/Thoughts
of School follows the highly successful South Windsor Voices poetry collection. Not only will this book provide an opportunity for publication, it will become a permanent record of American education as seen as experienced by multiple generations. The deadline for submissions is June 14, 2013. We welcome authors of all ages and educational backgrounds. For additional publication guidelines, idea starters, deadlines or information, contact Charlie Margolis, 860-644-0697 email@example.com.
South Windsor Voices II: Schools of Thought; Thoughts of School
• Authors must be South Windsor residents or former residents of South Windsor
• Stories should a minimum of 250 not exceed 4000 words
• Authors may submit two (2) stories
• Stories must be non-fiction and unpublished
• Stories may be submitted via e-mail (arrangements can be made for hard copies)
• e-mail should contain author’s name, address, phone and e-mail address
• Submissions should be typed, double spaced in Times Roman 12 pt
• A story title should be included
• Submissions should be made in WORD format
• Stories may be subject to editing
• Authors should retain a copy of all submissions
• Deadline for entries is June 14, 2013
- South Windsor residents of former residents
- Up to 2 poems per writer
- Poems must be original and based on actual experience
- Entries whould include: name, address, phone, e-mail
- One-line title and up to 35 lines of text
- All poems should be typed, single spaced, Times New Roman 12 pt
- Review poems for accuracy and spelling
- Send poems to:firstname.lastname@example.org
- For information: Charlie Margolis 860-644-0697
Submission of short stories constitutes an agreement and grants full permission for editing and publication in South Windsor Voices II. Any future claims will be held invalid based on this understanding. Authors will retain copyrights to their work.
Writers will be notified on receipt of submissions. Acceptance of stories will be determined by editors and the availability of space.
My favorite teacher….
My funniest moment…
My favorite subject…
Someone I remember….
My most challenging subject…
I wish I knew then, what I know now…
How school was then…
How a teacher changed my life…
What I learned the ‘hard way…’
Friends from school….
What I learned in the school yard….
When my parents/grandparents were in school…
My most interesting extracurricular activity…
A ‘teachable moment…’
My class reunion